2020 Dodge Charger Redesign; Release Date, Pricing & More
2020 will be the year of surprises and good news for high-performing muscle cars fans. Dodge Charger, as one of the lineups of these cars, is going to be released soon. The 2020 Dodge Charger is expected to have lots of updates, both outside and inside. Let’s see what the car is going to have.
2020 Dodge Charger Redesign
First, about the 2020 Dodge Charger concept for its exterior. For the moment, there is no confirmation about the appearance of the new Dodger. However, there are some leaked information and rumors about it. If we base our speculation on the standard chassis, it appears that the 2020 Charger is going to be a four-door, muscle sedan. Speaking of which, the chassis used, known as G, come from Alfa Rome. Some said that the unique look of the new Charger happens due to this.
While there is no official confirmation yet, the 2020 Charger’s new look is said to be based on the 1999 Charger. If this is true, then it will have a short rear end and a long ‘nose,’ which translate to a sportier, more aggressive look.
One example of 2020 Dodge Charger redesign is its size. It is going to be larger than its predecessor. Due to this, we can expect a bigger, more spacious cabin inside. The change does not end there, though. The interior is going to look more modern and sportier as well, which matches the exterior. The materials used are likely to be of a higher quality. The new Charger will also get a new steering wheel and infotainment display.
Performance & Trims
There will be five engine variants for the new Charger. Of course, the output will be different from each. Below are the engine variants that will be available.
- A 3.6-liter, twin-turbocharged engine. This engine is used for the SXT model. The output of the engine is up to 292 horsepower with 260 lb-ft of torque.
- A more powerful version of the 3.6-liter, twin-turbocharged engine. This engine is used for SXT Plus, GT and GT Plus model. The engine can produce up to 300 horsepower with 264 lb-ft of torque.
- A 5.7-liter, V8 engine which is available for the R/T and Daytona models. This powerful engine can generate up to 370 horsepower with 395 lb-ft of torque.
- A 6.4-liter, V8 engine for the R/T Scat Pack, SRT 392 and Daytona 392. The output of this engine can reach up to 485 horsepower with 475 lb-ft of torque.
- A 6.2-liter, supercharged Hemi engine. This engine is saved for the 2020 Charger Hellcat. This is the most powerful engine of all. It can generate up to 707 horsepower with 650 lb-ft of torque.
Release Date and Price The New Charger Dodge
Dodge has yet to announce the release date and price of the new Charger. While there is no announcement yet, we expect the new Charger to enter the market in late 2019 or early 2020. and Maybe we can see this new charger on Geneva Motor Show Next year. As for the price, the base model should be sold in $30,000-$34,000 range.
So far, the 2020 Dodge Charger is going to be a different car from its predecessor. It will have some changes in its designs and engines. We expect the new Charger will change for the better. What do you think?